How to take care of shower trays in Tecnogel, Solidgel, Corian and Aquatek.
Attentive cleaning and maintenance of your resin shower tray will keep it hygienic and looking good for a long time. Follow our instructions and watch the video at the end of this post to see how to avoid errors that risk damaging the surface.
Although modern shower trays may look practically the same, they come in different materials. If you are reading this post, you’ve probably bought a resin shower tray or are seeking information to help you make an informed decision before purchasing.
Because each type of material needs special attention, it is essential to know the exact name and composition of the product you choose: if the tray is already installed, read (and keep) the instructions provided in the packing.
If you no longer have the packing or have not yet purchased your shower tray, the Disenia website provides tips for each product, easily downloaded from ‘Assembly and Maintenance Instructions’.
Tecnogel and Solidgel shower trays: cleaning and maintenance
Tecnogel and Solidgel are similar materials, made up of natural mineral fillings and polyester resins from recycled PET, coated in gelcoat*, which is easily repaired if the surface is damaged. Follow our advice to keep them looking good over time:
- Every day cleaning > use a cotton or microfibre cloth, or a non-abrasive pad with mild detergent and warm water
- Stain removal > use a laundry brush to apply a solution with warm water and 50% vinegar
- Extraordinary cleaning and surface renovation > distribute a creamy detergent (e.g. Cif Cream) and brush energetically with a laundry brush. Rinse carefully.
*finish based on epoxy or polyester resins that make surfaces water resistant and distinguish their aesthetics or colour
Corian and Aquatek shower trays: cleaning and maintenance
Aquatek and Corian are materials with similar compositions, almost entirely acrylic resins that are washable and can be repaired if damaged. Their characteristics make them ideal for creating any shape and size to meet all design needs.
Below are instructions for keeping them in perfect condition:
- Every day cleaning > use a cotton or microfibre cloth or non-abrasive pad with a mild detergent in warm water.
- Extraordinary cleaning and surface renovation > use a sponge to spread a solution of ¼ water and ¾ bleach, and leave to stand for a few minutes (then rinse carefully).
- Surface scratches and stains > use the Scotch Brite sponge provided
- Deep scratches and stubborn stains > ask for our repair kit (the product provided is a coloured paste, just apply it to the area, no need to call in an expert.)
How to clean resin shower trays: a video
We have summarised the instructions for cleaning and maintaining resin shower trays on our YouTube channel. Click below to watch the videos dedicated to each model:
If you’re about to choose a shower tray, you can see a selection here:
It is important to find the most suitable product for your needs so that you are sure it will continue to satisfy you in the future and always look like new. If you’d like specific advice on choosing a shower tray, visit one of our dealers.